Verified:

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 13:32:00

Originally posted by NukEvil:
Originally posted by NukEvil:
Because the admins have not already responded to all the points you've made.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 31st 2013, 13:36:22

locket, you're upset that we wouldn't take part in your attempt to troll us? Especially after saying things like:

I am more then ready to listen to reason if it makes sense to me.

(i.e., I'm ready to listen when you agree with what I'm saying)

and

I agree with an increased punishment if this is an increased crime, however Pang has said that he learned from last time and I do not believe he learned the right lesson personally.

(which shows that you don't understand the issue since you keep going back to me on an issue that had input from a large chunk of the mods/staff)

and

It would be lovely if an admin would comment on it but apparently they dont like to discuss things. Do something in the back room and then keep it there is far easier.

(we discussed all these issues lots; too much, IMO. you're just choosing to reject what we say instead of accepting it and move on.)

Additionally, I've been spending my online time helping resolve people's Boxcar concerns/password issues rather than re-explaining my actions to those who choose to reject what we posted already, in full.

Everyone else is hitting the nail on the head about why we aren't responding and you keep ignoring what they say. Do you understand yet why I'm not interested in taking part in this?
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

whooze Game profile

EE Patron

Oct 31st 2013, 13:54:42

Seriously, knock it off ffs!

This hack was a sad event in the history of ee.

I'm more then thankful for Pang/Qz/admins and the effort they put in to have this game up for us. What RD leadership did is disgraceful and illegal and as far as I'm concerned no punishment is hard enough for the individuals that participated in this hack.

I hope that they file a police-report on this and I hope the people who did this hack goes to fluffing jail.

I feel bad for the innocent RD-ppl though. I really do. Maybe what we all can learn from this is that the top of RD just doesn't change.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:06:56

Originally posted by Pang:
locket, you're upset that we wouldn't take part in your attempt to troll us? Especially after saying things like:

I am more then ready to listen to reason if it makes sense to me.

(i.e., I'm ready to listen when you agree with what I'm saying)

and

I agree with an increased punishment if this is an increased crime, however Pang has said that he learned from last time and I do not believe he learned the right lesson personally.

(which shows that you don't understand the issue since you keep going back to me on an issue that had input from a large chunk of the mods/staff)

and

It would be lovely if an admin would comment on it but apparently they dont like to discuss things. Do something in the back room and then keep it there is far easier.

(we discussed all these issues lots; too much, IMO. you're just choosing to reject what we say instead of accepting it and move on.)

Additionally, I've been spending my online time helping resolve people's Boxcar concerns/password issues rather than re-explaining my actions to those who choose to reject what we posted already, in full.

Everyone else is hitting the nail on the head about why we aren't responding and you keep ignoring what they say. Do you understand yet why I'm not interested in taking part in this?

IF IT MAKES SENSE TO ME. AKA BOTH YOU AND ME KNOW I DONT KNOW MUCH ABOUT TECH STUFF. SO I WOULD NEED IT PUT TO ME IN A CERTAIN WAY OR PERHAPS I WOULD HAVE TO ASK SOMEONE WHO KNOWS MORE WHICH I HAVE DONE ABOUT SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT WERE POSTED. IS IT MORE CLEAR NOW?

And my question still hasnt been answered Pang. How does deleting all of RD deter future cheating? That IS the title of the thread afterall. What aspect of this will have any more affect then what happened in Laf? Laf got killed just as RD got killed. It was just different people doing the killing. Hanlong and TC were every bit as responsible for Laf dying as Copper has been for RD being deleted. If your goal was to make them feel guilt or show people that you will delete their friends then your goal is misguided. That happened with Laf and it didnt work then. Why should it work now?

Perhaps your reading comprehension is lacking though. See! I can make snide little remarks just like you can.

I also love that everything on these fluffing boards is considered trolling when someone doesnt agree with you. I outlined points and tried to prompt a discussion. OH WHAT A fluffING TROLL HE IS! LOOK AT HIM GO! Jesus. This is pathetic.

On a not annoyed with how you can be sometimes point... perhaps your newest thread about prosecuting will be the answer to the escalated penalty for this instance. See? That could have been an answer you could have given.

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:26:14

Originally posted by locket:
Originally posted by hawkeyee:
locket - you asked why delete all of RD. H4 gave you a very good argument. You ignored his argument, and then asked about the way they treated hanlong. What difference does that make? Obviously they're admitting here that in hindsight the actions they took against hanlong weren't severe enough, and this time around they needed to add additional penalties. Deleting just the perp wasn't enough, so you delete their friends.

Look at minor hockey in Canada. There's a problem with parents getting a little too excitable during games. So now, if a parent acts up, instead of ban the parent from the arena, you suspend the player from playing. That shuts parents up very very quickly.

I didnt ignore his argument. I made a counter argument. I felt that they never actually made a real effort to punish Hanlong. This game has a history of being very light on cheaters. Hanlong got off light. That mod that started with an M in the earlier days of EE got off light. So now instead of trying to find a more focused attack on the perpetrator they go after those who did fluff all?

I even said that the point is at least semi valid. I simply believed that there were far better options available to punish the person or people behind this. I do not believe that this will have ANY affect on future cheaters and Pang oh so lovingly simply said that I was going to ignore everything he said anyways (yes he did make an ass out of himself with that assumption) and completely avoided a discussion.

How does the fact that hanlong got off light have anything to do with whether or not this completely separate and much harsher punishment will deter someone in the future? The fact that hanlong got off light is evidence IN FAVOUR of these actions here. He got off light. Someone did it again. You up the ante.
Minister
The Omega
Omega Retal Policy/Contacts: http://tinyurl.com/owpvakm (Earth Wiki)
Apply: http://tinyurl.com/mydc8by (Boxcar)

GodHead Dibs Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:28:44

yah, yah, up the ante until everybody gets deleted whenever someone cheats.
Dibs Ludicrous was here.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:31:52

locket - you asked why delete all of RD. H4 gave you a very good argument. You ignored his argument, and then asked about the way they treated hanlong. What difference does that make? Obviously they're admitting here that in hindsight the actions they took against hanlong weren't severe enough, and this time around they needed to add additional penalties. Deleting just the perp wasn't enough, so you delete their friends.

Look at minor hockey in Canada. There's a problem with parents getting a little too excitable during games. So now, if a parent acts up, instead of ban the parent from the arena, you suspend the player from playing. That shuts parents up very very quickly.

I didnt ignore his argument. I made a counter argument. I felt that they never actually made a real effort to punish Hanlong. This game has a history of being very light on cheaters. Hanlong got off light. That mod that started with an M in the earlier days of EE got off light. So now instead of trying to find a more focused attack on the perpetrator they go after those who did fluff all?

I even said that the point is at least semi valid. I simply believed that there were far better options available to punish the person or people behind this. I do not believe that this will have ANY affect on future cheaters and Pang oh so lovingly simply said that I was going to ignore everything he said anyways (yes he did make an ass out of himself with that assumption) and completely avoided a discussion.

How does the fact that hanlong got off light have anything to do with whether or not this completely separate and much harsher punishment will deter someone in the future? The fact that hanlong got off light is evidence IN FAVOUR of these actions here. He got off light. Someone did it again. You up the ante.

Because he deleted RD as an alliance. What has Copper had done to him (before this criminal investigation thing has popped up) that is going to really punish him? I assume his country history and such is still intact. I dont remember seeing anything about a banning. If Copper is guilty then he was getting the same punishment as the rest of RD from everything I saw. This criminal issue might change my mind on it being light though.

Rekuyu947

Oct 31st 2013, 14:42:07

Ok ok ok as the last surviving member of the KSF regime i state that this thread SUCKS. All of this could have been avoided by having a massive server war and giving me all your land. Another way this could be solved is by not being a 12 year old kid though i know thats hard for some of us XD.

Now might i direct all missiles at those that hate this post. North Korea get ready.

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:42:16

You ask "What has Copper had done to him?" The fact that his friends all had their sets ruined and are now in the situation they are in. You're working under the assumption that Copper gives a fluff about his country history or personal accomplishments. Pang et al. are working under the assumption that Copper cares about his friends and clan mates in RD. It depends which you agree with. I think it's far more likely that Copper and the others did this to benefit RD rather than for some personal gain. If that's the case, personal punishments mean nothing. Instead, you punish the people that they broke the rules for.
Minister
The Omega

Xinhuan Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:42:39

In your opinion then, how do you think Pang/QZ should have handled the issue if you were in their place? Legit question.

Pang Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 31st 2013, 14:46:07

If you're going to keep talking about me like I'm some kind of omnipotent being who controls everything, without working with others, can you start capitalizing the first letter of the pronouns you use to talk about me?

Thanks.
-=Pang=-
Earth Empires Staff
pangaea [at] earthempires [dot] com

Boxcar - Earth Empires Clan & Alliance Hosting
http://www.boxcarhosting.com

bstrong86 Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:47:09

Im sure the imminent jail sentence is enough of a deterrent now
The Death Knights

XI

hawkeyee Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 14:47:29

You ask "What has Copper had done to him?" The fact that his friends all had their sets ruined and are now in the situation they are in. You're working under the assumption that Copper gives a fluff about his country history or personal accomplishments. Pang et al. are working under the assumption that Copper cares about his friends and clan mates in RD. It depends which you agree with. I think it's far more likely that Copper and the others did this to benefit RD rather than for some personal gain. If that's the case, personal punishments mean nothing. Instead, you punish the people that they broke the rules for.
Minister
The Omega

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 31st 2013, 15:24:51

Originally posted by Ershow:
So you are saying EE database that hanlong had access to does not contain personal information?

*face palm*

The EE database does not have the sort of personal info that boxcar had, no. Additionally, in EE (and evo2025), at the time, passwords were hashed using a *much* stronger algorithm, that can't just have their hashes googled heh... and has since been upgraded to have random salts and run through a random number, in the thousands, of the hashing algorithm...
Finally did the signature thing.

Atryn Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:29:48

Originally posted by qzjul:
Originally posted by Ershow:
So you are saying EE database that hanlong had access to does not contain personal information?

*face palm*

The EE database does not have the sort of personal info that boxcar had, no. Additionally, in EE (and evo2025), at the time, passwords were hashed using a *much* stronger algorithm, that can't just have their hashes googled heh... and has since been upgraded to have random salts and run through a random number, in the thousands, of the hashing algorithm...

+1 qz

qzjul Game profile

Administrator
Game Development

Oct 31st 2013, 15:32:15

How does deleting all of RD deter future cheating?

Because people might think twice about cheating if they know that they are not the only ones who will bear the punishment, but also their friends.

What aspect of this will have any more affect then what happened in Laf?

Because LaF as a whole wasn't immediately affected by it, other than some brief political stuff. They still won their war I think?

Laf got killed just as RD got killed. It was just different people doing the killing. Hanlong and TC were every bit as responsible for Laf dying as Copper has been for RD being deleted. If your goal was to make them feel guilt or show people that you will delete their friends then your goal is misguided. That happened with Laf and it didnt work then. Why should it work now?

It is different, because instead of this being vigilante justice that takes a lot of work and effort, that LaF could fight against, and come together in defence, this is instant, swift, and not defensible.

...everything on these fluffing boards is considered trolling... OH WHAT A fluffING TROLL HE IS! LOOK AT HIM GO! Jesus. This is pathetic.

ALL CAPS! o.O lol

I think they just get bored with repetition

On a not annoyed with how you can be sometimes point... perhaps your newest thread about prosecuting will be the answer to the escalated penalty for this instance. See? That could have been an answer you could have given.

I don't follow?
Finally did the signature thing.

Erian Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:55:10

qz: LaF was annihilated by Sol, MD, Evo and I think PDM with no backup from our allies in the reset tc and hanlong were exposed. We were tagkilled in a week or two and didn't come back in an organized fashion until the reset after. So while it wasn't quite as severe as a deletion, it was very far from us winning the war that reset.

Trife Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 15:56:21

Originally posted by Erian:
qz: LaF was annihilated by Sol, MD, Evo and I think PDM with no backup from our allies in the reset tc and hanlong were exposed. We were tagkilled in a week or two and didn't come back in an organized fashion until the reset after. So while it wasn't quite as severe as a deletion, it was very far from us winning the war that reset.

did you guys learn your lesson?

Erian Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:15:35

Originally posted by Trife:

I'd say yes. There was certainly a very strong consensus internally that it was wrong and a bloody stupid thing to.

Doesn't mean we hate hanlong though, if that's what you mean? His contributions to LaF has been solid over a long time, and while we think he did a bad judgement call on that, I do not think it was of the same magnitude as this incident. There were no passwords stolen or anything like that that could truly affect a person's real life.

Do I think he deserved to get deleted when he did and even banned for a while, sure. Do I think he deserves a permanent ban? No.

Atryn Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 16:53:02

Originally posted by Trife:

I'd say yes. There was certainly a very strong consensus internally that it was wrong and a bloody stupid thing to.

Doesn't mean we hate hanlong though, if that's what you mean? His contributions to LaF has been solid over a long time, and while we think he did a bad judgement call on that, I do not think it was of the same magnitude as this incident. There were no passwords stolen or anything like that that could truly affect a person's real life.

Do I think he deserved to get deleted when he did and even banned for a while, sure. Do I think he deserves a permanent ban? No.

Do you think the source code that was stolen then should have been shared with these guys from RD?

Erian Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 17:04:31

Originally posted by Atryn:

Do you think the source code that was stolen then should have been shared with these guys from RD?

No, not at all. I'm not going to defend TC's actions in this.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 22:29:55

Originally posted by qzjul:

How does deleting all of RD deter future cheating?

Because people might think twice about cheating if they know that they are not the only ones who will bear the punishment, but also their friends.

What aspect of this will have any more affect then what happened in Laf?

Because LaF as a whole wasn't immediately affected by it, other than some brief political stuff. They still won their war I think?

Laf got killed just as RD got killed. It was just different people doing the killing. Hanlong and TC were every bit as responsible for Laf dying as Copper has been for RD being deleted. If your goal was to make them feel guilt or show people that you will delete their friends then your goal is misguided. That happened with Laf and it didnt work then. Why should it work now?

It is different, because instead of this being vigilante justice that takes a lot of work and effort, that LaF could fight against, and come together in defence, this is instant, swift, and not defensible.

...everything on these fluffing boards is considered trolling... OH WHAT A fluffING TROLL HE IS! LOOK AT HIM GO! Jesus. This is pathetic.

ALL CAPS! o.O lol

I think they just get bored with repetition

I don't follow?

Laf got smashed the next set QZ, and they didnt allow any allies to join. I absolutely hated the set and was pissed at Hanlong the entire time.

The last bit was referring to the thread by another admin about going to the police about stuff.

Edited By: locket on Oct 31st 2013, 23:37:42
See Original Post

H4xOr WaNgEr Game profile

Forum Moderator

Oct 31st 2013, 22:34:16

Qz didn't stop allies from helping LaF. LaF stops its allies from helping by telling them to stay out.

LaF knew it had to take its licks in order to move on.

locket Game profile

Oct 31st 2013, 23:37:17

There should be a comma in there. I know that QZ had nothing to do with it. I knew everything going on then in our decisions for that set.